Attendees of the 2014 SPARCC Education Conference have the option to earn one graduate credit through Ashland as explained below:
- For each 15 contact hours of professional development, educators can earn one hour for graduate credit for $150.00.
- Educators will earn seven (7) contact hours for attending the 2014 SPARCC Education Conference.
- Educators can earn the additional eight (8) needed contact hours by completing an associated online course titled “Technology Integration for the 21st Century”.
- The online course consists of online readings, online videos, posting to a discussion forum, and creating and submitting a lesson plan that incorporates 21st century skills.
- In addition, Ashland requires a two-page paper summarizing how you will use what you learned from the conference and the online course.
- All work is to be completed and submitted by August 20th.
If you are interested in this option you will need to do the follow three tasks:
After registering for the online course you will be sent login information to access the course within 24 hours. You may begin taking the course prior to the conference.
2) Register with Ashland for the graduate credit - To register with Ashland follow the directions linked below:
- Go to Ashland's website at: www.ashland.edu/professionals
- Click the "District Login" link
- Login with username stark and password 44709
- If you are a teacher choose the course "Teach Me Needs of All" for 1.00 credit
- If you are an administrator choose the course "Lead My Needs of All" for 1.00 credit
- Click "Register for this Course" at the bottom and complete the registration
- For additional details see:
3) Attend the conference - You will need to check in at the conference in the morning, and then complete the evaluation at the end of the day to prove your attendance.